Magic Mushroom hunting in Australia gets you into nature for good excerice. It’s fun and educational. You’ll have a difficult finding magic mushrooms in Australia and New Zealand if you don’t know where and when to look.
Finding Magic Mushrooms Australia & New Zealand
Magic mushrooms show their heads in the aftermath of rains when the air warms up. They grow on the ground in wood chips and twigs, and in bushland areas. Shade loving varieties hide away in the grass. Keep your eyes concentrated on the ground when looking for magic mushrooms in nz. Some typical growing areas include:
- Near waterways where there is a lot of fallen tree debris and wood chips on the ground.
- On the sides of paths in forest and parkland areas where there are bark chips.
- In mulch used in parks and garden beds.
- Tall grass where there is a lot of twig and leaf debris scattered on ground.
- On the ground of pine forests in the pine needles.
- In areas where there are tall trees and ferns with a lot of natural debris littering the ground.
Picking Magic Mushrooms Australia
Do not pick magic mushrooms when they are small. When the mushroom matures, the cap opens and exposes its fleshy underside to the world. Let them grow so they get a chance to drop their spores to regenerate next season. Different types of magic mushrooms have different appearances. Make sure you know what you are doing.
Pick magic mushrooms by cutting them at the base of the stalk. Leave the roots behind so they can continue to grow. Pinch the stem to bruise it and it will turn blue/black within 15 minutes if it contains psilocybin. Store them in a paper bag. Plastic bags will make your mushrooms sweat and they will disintegrate to mush.
Remember, as soon as you pick a magic mushroom you are considered to be in possession of a Class A drug. In the eyes of the law. This is the same as possessing heroin or crack. When you go mushroom hunting, ensure you have a cover story for being out and about. It could be a great way to take you dog out for a walk.